Wednesday 9 January 2013

Stepping Into Digital Wonderland


Creative writing, when I first walked into Mrs.McLauchlan's class this semester I wouldn't have thought we'd be using technology to the extent that we have exploded as the semester has passed. As we moved our way through blogs, newspapers, watching, reading, and writing, by far my favorite digital project was when we expanded into Twitter. When I first heard we'd be using twitter I was surprised and thrilled, as a heavy user of Twitter on my own time it was easy for me to use this form of technology. Unlike my blog and etc.; I adapted quickly and with ease to our twitter assignments.
As we learnt about new forms of writing and getting ourselves out there positively on the internet, it really opened my eyes and surprised me to how big the internet really is. Now of course I understood the depth of how big the connection to the World Wide Web is around our globe but, before this class I never really thought as my digital foot print being so global. This was one of the many helpful realizations I have picked up in this course; Safety when using the Web.

 Although this was a fun semester that rarely had any backfires or sudden collapses of the system, one thing would have made the class, myself, and my teachers job relatively more easy... this would be Wi-Fi. We managed without it, but I don’t think I could stress enough how much easier it could have been if we had access and cooperation with the schools Wi-Fi. Never the less my digital exploration in this class  has been an adventure that has challenged me in a positive creative way.

No comments:

Post a Comment